Organic Agave Nectar | Raw
Raw Organic Agave Nectar
Wildly Organic Agave Nectar is not a purified substance, such as high fructose corn syrup or white sugar. Our raw agave nectar is certified organic and non-GMO.
Agave nectar is a sweet concentrated syrup made from the Agave plant, which thrives in the central semi-arid desert of Mexico. To produce this syrup, first the "pina" or "pineapple-like center" is soaked in purified water. Then, natural enzymes already present in the "pina," are allowed to break down the inulin (complex carbohydrates) into monosaccharides (simple sugars). These sugars are predominantly composed of fructose and glucose.
Where it Originates From
When we visited the manufacturing plant in Mexico, we were offered 5 different shades of agave to choose from. Each sample had a slightly different taste with the strongest flavors coming from the darkest agave. The difference in the shades came solely from the number of times the agave was filtered and the fineness of those filters. Wildly Organic has chosen to purchase only the agave nectar which sees the lowest temperatures and the least amount of filtering. That is why our agave is darker than others.
Before visiting the plant ourselves, this type of information was unknown to us. However, by being there, we were able to monitor the process, ask numerous questions, and check quality control records, process logs, and look over the equipment. We are proud to tell you that our agave is coming from a new, state-of-the-art plant with very tight quality control. We can give you our personal guarantee that our agave nectar is organic, raw, and not heavily filtered or processed with added enzymes, chemicals, or other materials. It is:
- Completely natural - no chemicals or enzymes are added during processing, only simple filtration is used.
- Completely raw - no heat is used during processing.
- A natural sweetener that is great for baking and cooking as well as raw dishes, and has been used this way for thousands of years by the Mexican people.
- Does not contain any chemicals, toxins, or preservatives.
- 75% sweeter than sugar - fructose is 42% sweeter to the human brain than granulated sugar, therefore less is needed to achieve the same level of sweetness.