All-Natural Beet Root Lip Tint
For many women, bright lips are often considered a sign of health, vitality, and youth. We apply gloss and lipstick, looking for luscious, happy, rosy lips -- but at what price? Have you ever heard the old wives' tale that the average women eat a pound of lipstick a year? I know... WHAT?! is right! Yet, think about it. Every time you apply lipstick, lip stain, or lip gloss, you are essentially giving yourself a taste. When you eat, drink, or lick your lips, what you apply goes in your mouth. Fun, right?
The Dangerous Ingredients In Commercial Lip ProductsWhat exactly is so concerning about commercial lip products? Take a look at these hormone-disrupting ingredients:
- Methylparabin -- has been linked to cancer and endocrine disruption. It's listed on the cosmetic database as a "high hazard".
- Propylparabin -- is also linked to cancer and endocrine disruption and listed as a "medium hazard".
- Colorants -- such as D&C Red 36 and D&C Red 22, all listed as "medium hazard", often are tested on animals. They have also been linked to health issues such as nervous system damage.
All-Natural Beet Root Lip TintFortunately, avoiding those ingredients has never been easier. You CAN make your own lip stains at home, with all-natural ingredients. This All-Natural Beet Root Lip Tint recipe is easy to make and will give you the happy, rosy lips you're looking for. And if you have daughters who want to wear makeup for special events, you can feel good about this lip tint for them, too. The color is long-lasting. You may already have the ingredients in your kitchen!
- 2 tablespoons WFN Craft Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon organic shea butter
- 2 teaspoons organic beeswax
- 1 teaspoon WFN Beet Root Powder
- container with a lid. You can recycle an old mint tin, old lipstick container, or just use a small Mason jar with a lid.