How To Make Herb-Infused Olive Oil (an easy & natural gift idea!)
Infused oil looks like a gourmet treat, but is easy to make and can be a wonderfully unique gift. The key to making delicious infused oil is to start with high-quality olive oil. Skimp on this and the results will be disappointing. Read the article Is Your Olive Oil Fake? for tips on selecting a high-quality olive oil. Wildy Organic's Olive Oil meets all the requirements and can be relied upon to create a delicious and robust infused oil your recipients will love. Besides choosing an excellent olive oil, the other major requirement for making infused oils is to plan ahead. Although very simple to make, infused oils take a few weeks to prepare (however, I will show you a trick for getting them ready in less time, if needed). Here are a few important points to remember:
- Use clean and dry bottles and utensils when preparing and storing infused oils.
- Keep water out of the infusion so as not to introduce bacteria.
- Herbs need to perfectly dry when added to the oil to avoid any possible contamination.
Rosemary-Infused Olive OilRosemary olive oil is one of the most popular infused olive oils. It enhances all kinds of dishes and looks beautiful in a clear glass bottle. (FYI: Rosemary-Infused Olive Oil also makes a great hair treatment. See this post for details.) To make rosemary-infused olive oil you will need:
- 3 to 5 sprigs dehydrated rosemary
- 2 cups Wildly Organic Olive Oil
- 1 glass bottle