Replacement for Milk: 3 Favorite Recipes With Coconut Milk
Animal-derived milk sales are declining and plant-based milk consumption is skyrocketing. More and more people are abandoning dairy milk for plant-based substitutes. Whether you’re concerned with growth hormones and antibiotics, have allergies or lactose intolerance, or are simply on a plant-based or vegan diet, there are plenty of replacements for milk that can help you substitute dairy with healthier alternatives.
Coconut milk is among the best non-dairy substitutes for replacing milk in your drinks and recipes. Coconut milk has the closest texture to whole milk compared to other plant-based alternatives. The milk can be used in cooking and baking and is also very convenient to make. You can use Wildly Organic’s coconut milk powder to make a delicious replacement for milk in any recipe that calls for it.
Here are our favorite ways to substitute coconut milk for milk:
Strawberry and Goji Berry Milkshake
Plain Jane vanilla milkshakes are not bad, but this healthy and delicious superfood drink is the ultimate refreshment on a hot summer afternoon. This deliciously creamy, sweet yet tangy milkshake is not only divine, but is packed with healthy fats, antioxidants, vitamin C, and other nutrients that will transport you to heaven and back while nourishing your body on the journey.
We use coconut milk as a replacement for milk in this recipe. You only need four ingredients to make this super easy, 100% vegan, and paleo-friendly recipe:
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Serves: 2 people
- 14 oz. milk mixed from Wildly Organic’s Coconut Milk Powder
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ⅓ cup Wildly Organic Dried Goji Berries
- 2 - 3 Tbs Wildly Organic Coconut Syrup or other natural sweetener
- Add all the ingredients to a blender
- Blend until smooth
- Pour the milkshake into glasses and top with your favorite ingredients; we like sliced strawberries and a dollop of homemade dairy-free whipped cream.
And that’s it. Using coconut milk as a replacement for milk will give your drink a sweet aroma and nutty flavor. Enjoy your sweet and savory fountain of youthful milkshake!
Cinnamon French Toast
What better way to wake up your taste buds on a lazy weekend morning than this sweet and spicy French toast? Crispy bread with a soft, custardy center, and topped with your favorite fruits and syrup is the perfect reward to give yourself after a long week of hard work. We use coconut milk as a replacement for milk in this classic recipe. Substituting coconut milk for milk also gives the meal a lovely flavor.
Is your stomach growling, already? OK, here’s what you will need to make this delicious and decadent French toast recipe:
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 1 loaf of day-old bread
- Wildly Organic Butter Alternative
- 6 eggs
- 4 oz. rich milk from Wildly Organic’s Coconut Milk Powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- Cut the bread loaf into 1-inch thick slices
- Brush the griddle with butter and heat to 180°C/356°F
- Combine the coconut milk, eggs, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a wide shallow dish
- Dip the bread slices into the egg mixture and allow it to soak up the liquid on both sides
- Transfer the bread slices to the griddle and cook on both sides until golden brown
Et, voila! You’ve made yourself the classic French toast, but with coconut milk as a replacement for milk. Top your French toast with fresh fruit and coconut syrup or other treats of your choice. Enjoy your well-deserved indulgent breakfast!
Homemade Yellow Cake
I avoid cake mix in a box. There’s just something “off” about them. They’re either too sweet, too dry, or lacking flavor, and most are packed with artificial ingredients that are horrible for your health. Making cake from scratch is healthier and just tastes so much better. This homemade yellow cake recipe uses all-natural ingredients and is an absolute delight to eat.
We will be using coconut milk as a replacement for milk in this cake recipe. You can substitute coconut milk for milk in all your baking recipes. Without further ado, let’s get baking!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup Wildly Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Wildly Organic Himalayan Salt
- 6 oz. prepared Wildly Organic Coconut Milk Powder
- 1 oz. organic oil of your choice
- ½ cup Wildly Organic Butter Alternative
- ½ Tbs vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Place the butter alternative in the mixer and whisk for two minutes
- Pour all your dry ingredients into the mixer and blend with butter for 30 seconds
- Now add all your wet ingredients — coconut milk, eggs, vanilla extract, etc. — and blend on medium-high for one minute
- Pour the cake batter into pans and bake at 350°F
- Baking time will depend on the size of your pan; insert a toothpick into your cake; when it comes out clean, your cake is done
Congratulations! You just made yourself a delicious cake from scratch. The use of coconut milk as a replacement for milk makes the cake taste so much more decadent. Cool the cake before frosting and serve with pride!
Make Your Favorite Recipes With Wildly Organic’s Coconut Milk
Not a fan of dairy milk? No problem! You can still enjoy all food and recipes made with dairy by substituting coconut milk for milk. Organic coconut milk is all-natural, lactose-free, and does not trigger any allergies. For more convenience and longer shelf life, you can use coconut milk powder to make coconut milk whenever you need it. Shop Wildly Organic’s premium-quality natural coconut products and get free US shipping on orders over $49.