Sweet ‘n Spicy Nuts
For those of us who aren’t allergic to them, nuts make a very nutritious and filling snack.
Nuts can be for some to digest, which is why many prefer soaking and dehydrating nuts for optimum digestion.
It’s super easy to soak and dehydrate your own nuts. Yet it can be a cumbersome process, especially when you just want a nourishing snack RIGHT NOW.
Easier yet, WFN has already done the work for you. Our wonderful variety of soaked and dehydrated nuts are so convenient.
Sweet ‘n Spicy Nuts
I always love to have bowls of nuts out for the holidays. They’re the perfect satisfying snack while hanging out with your loved ones, waiting for the holiday meal to be devoured.
Sweet ‘n spicy nuts are sweet without being overly sweet, spicy with a little heat on the back end. They are one of my favorite ways to enjoy nuts.
Dressing up your nus with WFN’s coconut sugar and spices makes them hard to stop eating — so don’t fill up before dinner!
Sweet ‘n spicy nuts also are great for people on the go, for the kids’ lunches, for a hike, or to just have in the car or in your purse for a quick snack.
Spices With Benefits
Cinnamon is an excellent source of fiber, calcium, and the trace mineral manganese.
Cumin is an excellent source of iron, B vitamins, and antioxidants.
Ginger is an excellent source of B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E and minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc and more. It is high in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Cayenne contains an alkaloid compound called capsaicin, which gives it it’s strong, spicy, pungent character. Capsaicin is known to help joint pain as it is anti-inflammatory and warming.
Soaked and dehydrated nuts mixed with warming spices, low-glycemic coconut sugar, and WFN’s popcorn oil are so easy to make! I love to make a large batch of them, so I have them on hand at all times.
What’s your favorite way to eat nuts? Have you ever made sweet and spicy nuts?
- 1cup WFN Just Raw Almondsor already soaked and dehydrated
- 1cup WFN Just Raw Walnutsor already soaked and dehydrated
- 1cup WFN Native Pecansor already soaked and dehydrated
- 1cup WFN Just Raw Brazil Nutsor already soaked and dehydrated
- 1/2teaspoon WFN Ground Cumin
- 1-1/2teaspoon Wildly Organic Ground Ginger
- 1/2teaspoon WFN Cayenne Pepper
- 1-1/2teaspoon WO Ground Cinnamon
- 2teaspoons WFN Pink Himalayan Salt
- 6tablespoons Wildly Organic Coconut Sugar
- 4tablespoons WFN Popcorn Oilor butter
- 1tablespoon water