DIY Spirulina Eye Shadow
Creating an all-natural eye shadow is easier than you might think. Plus, it takes less than 5 minutes! Homemade eye shadow is a great way to avoid toxins found in most conventional eye shadows. It also gives you an extra use for all those amazing health foods sitting in your cabinets. Furthermore, having such close control over the ingredients means DIY shadows can be made vegan and gluten-free, which is an important factor for many women. Today, I will share how to make a simple, creamy eye shadow using the powerful superfood, spirulina. The same technique can be used to create all manner of eye shadows, just replace the spirulina with other skin-safe ingredients.
DIY Spirulina Eye ShadowSpirulina acts as a colorant, giving this homemade eye shadow a lovely greenish hue. The shade can be customized to suit your preference by adding extras, such as cacao powder and activated charcoal, or by varying amounts of the ingredients listed below. The added shea butter creates a creamy texture and helps the eye shadow stay on your eyelids! Shea butter really improves the consistency and performance of this DIY Spirulina Eye Shadow. Ingredients:
- a small bowl
- a fork
- a small container with a lid to store eye shadow
- For a darker green, add more spirulina.
- For a lighter shade, add more arrowroot.
- To add brownish tones, add a small amount of cacao powder.
- To create a deep, dark shade, add a pinch of activated charcoal.
- If a creamier eye shadow is desired (highly recommended), add the shea butter by mashing it into the powder with the back of a fork. Stir until evenly distributed.
More Easy DIY Makeup & Beauty Recipes
- DIY Foundation Powder & Bronzer
- Homemade Non-Toxic Mascara (no aloe vera!)
- Whipped Vanilla Body Scrub
- Strawberry Sugar Scrub
- Luxurious Whipped Body Butter With Cacao Butter