Easy Grain-Free Chocolate Quinoa Muffins
Quinoa, that nutritious pseudo-grain that functions like a grain, is more than just a tasty side dish! It’s also a wonderful, nutritious addition to baked goods.
These Easy Grain-Free Chocolate Quinoa Muffins will open your eyes to the wondrous possibilities of this amazing little super food.
In addition to nutrient-packed Wildly Organic Quinoa, these yummy muffins are naturally sweetened. Wildly Organic Coconut Sugar lends a lovely, almost brown sugar flavor to baked goods. It’s also not stripped of natural minerals and nutrients (like refined sugars).
Kids, make these Easy Grain-Free Chocolate Quinoa Muffins for mom on Mother’s Day!
Chocolate quinoa muffins are so simple, even budding chefs can make them! Little ones need some supervision in the kitchen of course, but my 10-year-old son easily whips up a batch with no problem.
Want to see a chocolate quinoa muffin on your breakfast in bed tray? Consider these tactics for subtly getting your message across:
- Mention how much you love quinoa several times a day.
- Talk to your BFF on the phone about how easy and fabulous muffins are (making sure to be overheard).
- Make a big batch of cooked quinoa and say “I just don’t know what to do with all this leftover quinoa…”
- Print the recipe below and leave copies in various places to be found, such as on your husband’s nightstand or in your kid’s backpack.
- If you know subtle won’t work just say, “Hey kids, I want these for my Mother’s Day Breakfast”
- If your kiddos are too young to bake by themselves, and your significant other doesn’t pick up on subtle cues, see number 5
Grain-Free Chocolate Quinoa Muffins Are Good Every Day Of The Year
While these muffins make a Mother’s Day breakfast extra lovely, don’t just make them once a year. Since they are so easy, you can mix and bake a batch when the mood strikes. Plus, being grain-free makes them great for brunches, potlucks, and parties — wherever there are people who have special diets.
Finally, jazz up your muffins by adding one or two additional ingredients:
- Wildly Organic Raw Cacao Nibs (for the die-hard chocolate lover)
- Wildly Organic Soaked & Dried Nuts
- Fresh berries
- Banana chunks
- Chocolate chips
- Spices, like cinnamon or a chai blend
- Or, top with Wildly Organic’s Soaked & Dried Nut Butters
Whether you choose to go simple or spice them up, these easy and nutritious Grain-Free Chocolate Quinoa Muffins will be a new family favorite!
Have you ever tried baking with quinoa?
- 1/2 cup Wildly Organic Fermented Cacao Powder
- 1/4cup Wildly Organic Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Wildly Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/4teaspoon Wildly Organic Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 2tablespoons Wildly Organic Tapioca Flour(optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4cup Nut milk or milk of choice
- 2teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3cup Wildly Organic Expeller Pressed Coconut Oilgently melted
- 1cup Wildly Organic Quinoacooked and cooled
- 1/2cup Wildly Organic Fermented Cacao Nibs
- 1/2cup Wildly Organic Soaked & Dried Nutsany variety, chopped
- 1cup fresh berries
- 1large bananacut into small chunks
- 1/2cup chocolate chips
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon or chai blendor to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, combine cocoa, almond flour, coconut sugar, salt, and baking powder and mix well. Be sure to break up any large clumps of almond flour.
In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, nut milk, and vanilla.
Add egg mixture, coconut oil, and cooked quinoa to the dry ingredients and mix well to thoroughly combine.
Fill silicone muffin cups, paper muffin liners, or well-greased muffin tin wells 3/4 full.
Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
If using a muffin pan without liners, grease the wells
The post Easy Grain-Free Chocolate Quinoa Muffins appeared first on Wildly Organic.