Nut and Seed Bars
Need a nutrient dense, portable snack that will satisfy hunger and provide long-lasting energy? These homemade nut and seed bars are the answer!
They may look a little rustic, but boy do they pack a lot of flavor. Plus, they are full of nutritious nuts and seeds that provide healthy fats (which are great for your brain) and antioxidants (which help protect the body from damage by free radicals).
This nut and seed bar recipe is filled to the brim with a variety of nuts. This makes for a delicious flavor and pleasing texture. However, you may substitute nuts or seeds as needed.
Before we get to the recipe, let’s take a quick look at why each nut and seed is included in these delicious nut bars.
Nuts and Seeds with Benefits
- Almonds are rich in monounsaturated fat and fiber. They also provide magnesium, copper, and phytonutrients. It is also thought that almonds help reduce cholesterol and may positively impact glucose regulation, oxidative stress, and inflammation.
- Walnuts are well-known for there high omega-3 content. Omega 3 essential fatty acids are important for brain health and also aid in reducing inflammation.
- Cashews provide protein, copper and zinc. All important to a healthy diet. The shape and color of cashews also add an interesting visual element to these nut bars.
- Pecans are my favorite nut, so there’s that, but truly, like the other nuts in this recipe, they are full of fiber, healthy fats, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
- Sunflower seeds contain an impressive amount of vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant. This makes them a great choice for enhancing cardiovascular health. Sunflower seeds also contain copper, thiamine, manganese, selenium, and phosphorus.
- Pumpkin seeds contain magnesium zinc, healthy fats and fiber. If I’m being completely honest, I included pumpkin seeds in this recipe because of their green color! They make the bar look more interesting and provide a different type of crunch than the larger nuts.
Nut and Seed Bars
These nut bars can be packed in a lunch or stashed in the car for a road trip. Whenever you’re on the go, take these homemade nut and seed bars with you! They also make a great dessert, too.
This recipe includes an optional addition of Wildly Organic Cacao Nibs. I find them a little bitter as I tend to have a sweet tooth, but my husband couldn’t get enough of these bars! So, add according to your taste buds!
Need more quick snack options using nuts? Try these!
Will you enjoy these nut and seed bars for a snack or dessert?
- 3/4cup Wildly Organic Cashews
- 3/4cup Wildly Organic Almonds
- 1/2 cup Wildly Organic Walnuts
- 1/2cup Wildly Organic Pecans
- 1/8cup Wildly Organic Sunflower Seeds
- 1/8cup Wildly Organic Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2cup Wildly Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2-1/2tablespoons Wildly Organic Coconut Syrup
- 2teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2teaspoons Wildly Organic Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1tablespoon Wildly Organic Cacao Nibsoptional